Sardinian White Wines Sale of Sardinian white wines online Sardinian white Wines Italy Best

 The enchanting dim light, the air scented with wine,
the humidity calibrated with jets of sprayed water,
large terracotta jars, the wooden barrels ...
Our wine cellar is like a treasure chest
where our dreams have become true.
In the form of wine.  
The cellar

Built in 2005, it has a more technical and modern part and a more traditional one, with fermentation in amphora and by gravity.

Fermentation takes place only with indigenous yeasts for both red and white grapes: this implies a slower process and, in red, a sweeter extraction of polyphenols, best highlighting aromatic features of the various vine varieties and a sweeter tannin.


Macerations are short (7-10 days) for the Cannonau cultivated in the amphitheatre area, medium to medium-long for all other red grapes (20-25 days).


After racking, approximately 70% of Cannonau remains in steel to keep its fruity characteristics, while the remaining 30% stays in wooden barrels.


The other vine varieties include a wooden stage: once the fermentation is complete, 80% of white grapes stays in steel, while the remaining 20% goes into barrels.

 

An automatic system regulates the humidity rate with sprayed water.

The Cannonau, in steel, keeps its fruity characteristics

An automatic system regulates the humidity rate with sprayed water.
The Cannonau, in steel, keeps its fruity characteristics
 Fermentation takes place only with indigenous yeasts
for both red and white grapes. 
Le amphorae

Our terracotta amphorae come in part from Georgia (Caucasus) - characterized by the egg-shape - in part from Tuscany, with the classic look of a jar. They stay both underground for the natural control of temperature, and above ground - in the cellar, lined up along with the barrels.


Fermentation takes place with natural method, thanks to indigenous yeasts; maceration lasts from 3 to 5 weeks, depending on the characteristics of the grape variety and the vintage year.


After racking, the wines stay in the amphora for the maintenance of the fruity characteristics, then in barrels of 10 hectolitres - without passing through a barrique. This is a process we expect to follow both for white and for red wines.


The refinements are followed each month directly by Stefano Casadei and Pier Paolo Pagni - enologist and agronomist - to taste and check regularly throughout the developmental phase of the wines.


At the end of the refinement, Stefano and Pier Paolo will be able to better interpret each vintage year, giving life to ever-new wines that enhance the various characteristics, season after season.
 

Barrels and amphorae coexist, perfectly aligned.

Barrels and amphorae coexist, perfectly aligned.

Our amphorae come from Georgia (Caucasus) and Tuscany.

Our amphorae come from Georgia (Caucasus) and Tuscany.

Sardinian White Wines